WELCOME TO OGM2
OGM2 is Green Map System's second Open Green Map platform. Designed for community mapping, this platform is ready for all kinds of mapmakers - from students to professionals - who want to draw attention to sustainability in their own city or town.
OGM2 includes the original set of 170 Green Map Icons
for charting nature, culture, social justice and sustainable living
resources. An open source platform, OGM2 allows for new icon sets, including our 2020 Recovery Icons, the UN SDGs and more. Mapmakers can add customized icon sets for specific localities, and custom base maps, too.
Ready to explore? Start with Browse or explore the world view map from Home. There are several new maps, and some that include pre-2020 data from the original OGM platform. You are invited to create a new account at the Sign In and get your own map rolling!
Tutorials (video and text) and a running list of demos and presentations is below. There is a FAQ and more under the "?". Thanks to the vision and skillfulness of OGM2's open source developers, the GIS Collective, OGM2 is versatile, and allows embedding, import and export of data, and it is usable on any type of device, even while still in Beta. Much more about our nonprofit's global network and impacts in 65 countries, our shared engagement and mapping resources is at GreenMap.org.
Advantages of OGM2:
• Icon sets can be added (there's even a Local Food draft set to comment on)
• Embed your map on your website
• Responsive webapp can be used on phones, tablets, laptops and desktop
• Manage your Map Team(s) with 4 levels of permissions
• Dashboard helps you manage all your people, maps, icon sets, etc
• Translate is built into the platform
• Each featured site (point), route (line) or area (polygon) on your map can have multiple icons (see test map)
• Each of these features can be viewed on more than one map, too
• Multiple images can enhance each feature's description (even 360 images). Sound files (mp3) can be added too!
• Use any language on the features on your map (more than one language is possible in text; upload another language as a Sound file, if desired)
• Import existing data (CSV, GPX, GeoJson or Json) and export as well makes OGM2 even more useful
• OGM2 uses Open Street Map and offers Stamen Design's Toner and Terrain. Your unique base maps can be added, too.
• Create a Campaign to quickly engage people in your mapping project
• Yes, it's free for non-commercial users! Contact us with questions
Map Making Tutorial
For New Mapmakers: http://bit.ly/ogm2info
For returning mapmakers: https://bit.ly/ogm2renew
Demos always include the platform’s newest capabilities and provide the opportunity to share your ideas for OGM2.
Upcoming demos will be announced here and on our Twitter @GreenMap.
• Join a Live Demo + New Features on Thursday June 17 2021 at Noon ET (every time zone). Register at bit.ly/ogm2621.
Here are recordings:
• OGM2 Demo and Discussion, February 2021 passcode: Wz8T$GLX) starts with the basics
• OGM2 Demo and Discussion, April 17 2021 highlights the new Campaign tool, a fast, flexible way to engage people in collecting sites
• #OpenDataDay presentation, March 9 2021 includes Mary Hunt's excellent project management process, based on her FEED Jeffco Green Map (PDF).