Welcome to the Glasgow Green Map - a one stop shop for everything green and local in the city of Glasgow, Scotland, UK - the Dear Green Place.
About the map
This map has been created to enable local communities across the greater Glasgow area to share their favourite natural, cultural and green living resources. The map is being developed in the run up to UN COP26 Climate Talks which will be held in Glasgow in November 2021. It is aimed at people that come to Glasgow for COP26 and once the talks are over it will be a legacy available to people who live, work and visit the Dear Green Place.
It is really easy to add features to the map - just visit one of the campaigns below and add suggested sites:
- <a href="https://new.opengreenmap.org/campaigns/608867175e4ed80100643d16">Add a community garden</a>
- <a href="https://new.opengreenmap.org/campaigns/60b8d693b49cf60100ef6529">Add a park or green space</a>
- <a href="https://new.opengreenmap.org/campaigns/60911d3bf1b87b0100770f97">Add a sustainable supermarket</a>
- <a href="https://new.opengreenmap.org/campaigns/60d463140e37600100a1cb97">Add a bike shop</a>
- <a href="https://new.opengreenmap.org/campaigns/6090004ef1b87b0100770f42">Add a local cafe</a>
- <a href="https://new.opengreenmap.org/campaigns/60b77a5eb49cf60100ef637f">Add a local bar or restaurant</a>
- <a href="https://new.opengreenmap.org/campaigns/60d36eac0f49d60100833569">Add a hidden gem</a>
When adding features to the map, please provide: the feature name, a short description, an image, a link to any website or social media and select the relevant icons.
Happy green mapping!
Please spread the word on using the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/glasgowgreenmap?f=live">#GlasgowGreenMap</a> hashtag!
About the partners
The Glasgow Green Map has been developed by <a href="https://www.stopclimatechaos.scot/">Stop Climate Chaos Scotland</a> (SCCS) and <a href="https://www.glasgowecotrust.org.uk/">Glasgow Eco Trust</a> as part of SCCS's <a href="https://climatefringe.org/">Climate Fringe project</a>. Many thanks to the members of the map team and everyone who have contributed to the development of the map!