Victoria Park - Jubilee Gates

Historical feature

The park's Jubilee Gates were originally erected on Balshagray Ave to commemorate the queen's Golden Jubilee (like the park) in 1887. There were forged at Glasgow's Saracen foundry and were donated by the 'Ladies of Partick Burgh'. In the 60's they were moved to their present site of Victoria Park Drive North as their original site was to be covered by the Expressway/Clyde Tunnel approaches interchange. The gates are a listed structure.

#victoriaparkjubileegates

added on November 2, 2012.


Glasgow West Community Green Map

Glasgow Eco Trust facilitates and empowers local people to come together to make improvements to their local community for the benefit of all.
Read more...

Where?


[16, 6, 1, 6]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[10, 6]
[10, 10]
[10, 20]
[10, 30]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]