North British Diesel Engine Works

Historical feature

In 1912, Barclay Curle & Co Ltd , shipbuilders, Whiteinch, Glasgow, Scotland,became a subsidiary of Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson Ltd, shipbuilders, Wallsend-on-Tyne, England. Together these two companies formed a new business, the North British Diesel Engine Works Ltd, Glasgow. The main building left standing was built in 1912/13. This is an architecturally significant building designed by the German architect Peter Behrens and modelled on the AEG steam turbine factory.

#northbritishdieselengineworks

added on November 17, 2012.


Glasgow West Community Green Map

Glasgow Eco Trust facilitates and empowers local people to come together to make improvements to their local community for the benefit of all.
Read more...

Where?


[16, 6, 1, 6]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[10, 6]
[10, 10]
[10, 20]
[10, 30]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]