Situated in Milngavie just outside of Glasgow city, Gavin's Mill is a social enterprise (supporting Gavin's Mill Community Project) offering a Fairtrade & zero-waste shop, as well as a vegetarian café with vegan & gluten-free options (for more on the café, please go to the separate listing here on Glasgow Green Map - link below!) completely run by volunteers, & a series of events (everything from live music to art-making). Outdoor covered terraces to enjoy a light lunch or delicious baking.
More on their social-enterprise work in the last 2 images below, & via their website.
*Accessibility note / getting there - right by Milngavie train station for
ease-of-transport for visitors. Accessible to those with mobility impairments &/or users of wheeled supports such as wheelchairs or walkers, including ramp-access to the café.
Gavin's Mill shop stocks:
- Zero-waste dry goods, pulses, nuts, & flours all sold by weight
- Natural cleaning & personal care products
- A refill station for cleaning products, shampoos, shower gels, & more
- Ethically produced homewares & gifts
- Seasonal, organically-grown fruit & vegetables
- Locally-sourced free-range farm eggs
- Sourdough bread from Glasgow social enterprise favourite, Freedom Bakery
- A great selection of Scottish-interest & children’s books
More info via their..
Website - https://www.gavinsmill.org
Gavin's Mill Café - https://new.opengreenmap.org/browse/sites/60c080b0cd6ccd0100cca4c3?map=60759649950a8c0100fdac0c